Fall Leaves Card
(created by Sophia Vida)
For this Card you will need:
– Inkadinkadoo Maple Leaf Stamp (shown below)
– Sculpey Clay – Jewelery Gold
– Clay Machine
– Exacto knife
– Perfect Pearls Kit – Jewels
– Bazzill Cardstocks: Candlelight (yellow), Tangelo (orange), Burning Ember (copper), Carob (dark brown)
– Foam Squares 1/16″
– Aleene’s Tacky Glue
– 28″ Yellow Ribbon
– CuttleBug D’Vine Swirls Embossing Folder
– Index cards
– Wax coated paper plate
– Spray bottle with water
– Water for cleaning brushes
- Condition your Sculpey clay by rolling and kneading it. Then run it through the clay machine on a setting of 3.
- Place the thin sheet of clay on an index card.
- Spray your stamp with water (this will kep the clay from sticking to the stamp). Stamp your image directly on the clay (If you’re not happy with the results, simply repeat steps 1 and 2).
- Using your exacto knife cut along the outside edge of the leaf. Keeping the knife in place and turning the index card as you cut seems to work best for the jagged edges of the leaf. Once it is fully cut, set the excess clay aside.
- Repeat steps 1 thru 4 and make the second leaf.
- Dip your brush into water, just enough to dampen it. Dip your brush into one of the Perfect Pearls and begin brushing it on your leaf. Use as many colors as you want.
- Since you will be baking your leaves on the index cards they need to be dry. If the index card is damp you will need to move your leaf to a dry card before baking. Otherwise the card will warp in the oven and your leaf will not be flat for the card.
- Keep your leaves on the index card and place them on a cookie sheet. Bake them in your oven according to the manufacturers directions.
- Cut a 12″ x 6″ piece from the Carob cardstock and fold in half. This will be the base of your card.
- Cut two 2-1/2″ squares from the Burning Ember cardstock.
- Cut two 2-1/4″ squares from the Tangelo cardstock.
- Cut two 2″ squares from the Candlelight cardstock.
- Cut one 6″ x 2-1/2″ rectangle from the Burning Ember cardstock.
- Cut one 5-3/4″ x 2-1/4″ rectangle from the Tangelo cardstock.
- Cut one 5-1/2″ x 2″ rectangle from the Candlelight cardstock.
- Place your Candlelight rectangle (step 15) diagonally in the Cuttlebug D’Vine Swirls embossing folder and run it through your embossing machine.
- Dip your brush into the water. Then dip your wet brush into the Copper Perfect Pearls and mix a little on the paper plate. Highlight the swirls on the embossed paper (step 16). Let dry.
- Layer your squares. Glue the Tangelo square on top of the Burning Ember. Then glue your Candelight on top of the Tangelo. Do this for both sets of squares.
- Layer your rectangles the same as the squares.Glue the Tangelo rectangle on top of the Burning Ember. Then glue your Candelight on top of the Tangelo.
- Use tacky glue to adhere the leaves to each of the layered squares. Let dry.
- Open your base card and tear about 1-1/4″ edge off right side.
- Tie your ribbon around the middle of the card. Close the card.
- Glue the layered rectangle to the inside right edge of your card base.
- Last position your leaves and adhere them to the top of the card using thin foam squares. Voila! You have a gorgeous card that can be used for any occasion.
Tip: Try blending orange and brown clays with the gold to get a swirled look.
Thanks for looking and have lots of fun making this Fall Leaves card!
For more Crafting Tips and Techniques visit our main website at Just4Crafters.com