Hello Kitty Birthday Card with Cricut (measures 5.5″ x 5.5″)
Created by Sophia Vida
– Cartridges Used: Hello Kitty Font and Wildcard
– Cardstock Colors: Light Pink, White, Fuchsia, Black
– Embossing Folder: Cuttlebug Swiss Dots
– Stickles – Star Dust
– Marvy Marker – Baby Pink
– Great Impressions – Coordinating Flowers B165 Stamp
– 5.5″ x 5.5″ Premade White Card with Envelope
– 1/8″ Foam Squares
– 1/16″ Foam Squares
Note: All cuts in Steps 1-5 below, are made with the Cricut Hello Kitty Font Cartridge. Steps 6-7 are made with the Cricut Wildcard Cartridge.
- Using the Hello Kitty Font Cartridge, cut a 4″ <HK1> on light pink cardstock. This will be the base of your Hello Kitty.
- Cut a 4″ <Shadow><HK1> on black cardstock.
- Cut a 4″ <Silhouette><HK1> on black cardstock.
- Cut a 4″ <Round><Shift><HK1-s> on fuchsia cardstock.
- Change to the Wildcard Cartridge and cut a 4.5″ <Phrase><Cupcake> on light pink cardstock.
- Cut a 4.5″on fuchsia cardstock.
- Take the fuchsia flower outline you made in step 4 and run it through the Cuttlebug using the Swiss Dots Embossing Folder.
- Assemble the Hello Kitty centerpiece and glue together.
- Glue the fuchsia “Happy Birthday” sentiment on top of the light pink “Happy Birthday” sentiment. Offset it slightly to the right.
- Cut a 2.75″ x 1.75″ rectangle from black cardstock.
- Glue the Happy Birthday sentiment from step 9 on top of the black rectangle from step 10. Trim the black rectangle around the letters so you are left with a wavy outline.
- Using the Marvy Marker, ink the flower stamp. Breathe on the stamp to activate the ink and stamp the top left corner of the premade white card. Repeat this process for each corner.
- Using the Star Dust Stickles, outline the center flower. Let dry.
- Using the Star Dust Stickles, highlight the center of each of the flowers you stamped in the corners. Let dry.
- Using the 1/16″ foam squares, adhere the Hello Kitty to the center of the card.
- Place 1/8″ foam squares on the bottom half of the “Happy Birthday” sentiment. Place 1/16″ foam squares on the top half of the sentiment.
- Place the sentiment so it overlaps the bottom of the Hello Kitty. Note: the 1/8″ thick foam squares should not be on the Hello Kitty. Only the thinner 1/16″ squares will be placed directly on the Hello Kitty where it overlaps. This will make the sentiment lay flat. However, if you prefer a slight angle, then use 1/8″ foam squares on the entire sentiment and slightly overlap the Hello Kitty the same way. Either way looks good. Voila! You have a beautiful birthday card.
Have lots of fun making this Hello Kitty Cricut Birthday Card!
For more Crafting Tips and Techniques visit our main website at Just4Crafters.com