I couldn’t resist trying another village but with bright spring colors. I followed the same basic steps as my last one, Whimsical Village but I decided to overlap the houses a little. It definitely took more time to get everything to fit but I liked the end result.
The paper for this village came from a few different stacks. I wanted to add a little texture so I used corrugated cardstock for two of the roofs. The colors weren’t quite right so I painted them with acrylic paint to match the papers and then added shading with dry Gelatos.
I added a few doodles and highlighted them with Sakura Gelly Roll Pens and Stickles. Once it was compete I sealed it with a coat of Matte Mode Podge and Voila! I had a unique work of art!
Enjoy creating your own village!!
Supplies used in this Project:
– 9″ x 12″ canvas panel
– DCWV Spring & Summer Matstack (4.5″ x 6.5″)
– DCWV The Corrugated Stack (6″ x 6″)
– K&Company Sweet Nectar Adhesive Paper Pad (4.75″ x 6.75″)
– Matte Mod Podge
– Faber Castell Pitt Pen or Sharpie Fine Point Pen
– Acrylic Paints: Turquoise Blue, Lime Green, White, Pink, Fuchsia, Yellow
– 1/2″ Flat Paint Brush
– Assorted Rhinestones and Embellishments
– Assorted Gelatos
– Assorted Stickles
– Assorted Sakura Gelly Roll Pens
– Aleene’s Tacky Glue
– Small sponge applicator
– Clean water and paper towels