Last week I told you about a fun video on youtube.com by Andrea Gomoll that inspired me to make my Happy Easter Mixed Media Canvas. I had so much fun with that one I decided to make another one that had the same color palette. I found another video by Andrea where she creates a spring canvas using the same techniques as in her last one. Again, my version is a little different from Andrea’s but if you want to see her video you can find it here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d25yEzCXlgA
For this Project you will need:
– Golden Fiber Paste
– Stencil of your choice
– Palette Knife
– Matte Mod Podge
– Sharpie Fine Point Pen
– Americana Acrylic Paints: Turquoise Blue, Bright Yellow, Irish Moss, Royal Fuchsia
– Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist: Pink Bubblegum, Riptide, Pearl
– Stamps: Butterfly, Script
– Black Staz-On Ink
– Green Tissue Paper
– Cardstock: K & Company – Sweet Nectar, 4.75″ x 6″ pad or 5 pieces of coordinating cardstock, green cardstock, small tag
– Assorted Gelatos
– Assorted Stickles
– Sakura Glitter Gelly Roll Pens: Pink, Blue, Green and Yellow
– 9″ x 12″ canvas panel
– Aleene’s Tacky Glue
– Small sponge applicator
– Clean water and paper towels
- Cover your canvas with gesso. Once dry, paint your canvas yellow, pink and blue (it doesn’t have to be neat). Before the paint dried I sprayed the canvas with a good amount of water and let the colors run a bit. Let dry.
- Add torn pieces from a magazine or book using Matte Mod Podge. Cut out a few shapes from paper doilies and carefully adhere them with the Mod Podge. Once dry, color in your shapes with watered down paint. Let dry.
- Add small patches of fiber paste in a thin layer to your canvas using the palette knife. Let dry.
- Mix small amounts of yellow paint and fiber paste. Apply your stencil using the palette knife to the top left of your canvas. Let dry.
- Cut out 5 tulip shapes in 5 different coordinating papers. Cut out leaves and stems from green cardstock. Adhere to your canvas with Mod Podge.
- Tear small pieces of green tissue paper and adhere to bottom of canvas covering the flower stems with Mod Podge.
- Apply dry gelatos to your canvas. Adding shading under the basket and around the flowers. Also add more color to your canvas where needed. Blend with your finger.
- Print and cut out a “Spring” sentiment from your computer using the Harrington font, size 50. Color in the centers of the letter with the Gelly Roll pens. Adhere to your tag. Adhere the tag to the top right corner of your canvas with Mod Podge. Let dry.
- Using your sharpie pen outline your flowers, leaves, basket, tag and anything else you want to make stand out.
- Randomly stamp your script and butterfly stamps on your canvas.
- Highlight your flowers, basket, tag and stencil with assorted Stickles. Let dry.
- Spray your canvas with a pink, blue and pearl Angel Mist. Let dry. Voila! You have a beautiful Mixed Media work of art!