Magical Day Journal Page
Created by Sophia Vida
I loved the color palette from my Song Bird Journal Page so much that I couldn’t resist making another page with it. I drew the tree free hand and painted it with the light and medium browns. I wanted to add a little texture to the tree so I mixed the dark brown paint with the fiber paste and used a palette knife to highlight the bark which worked out pretty well. The leaves were made using a Martha Stewart punch and that’s pretty much it!
For this Project you will need:
– Golden Fiber Paste
– Palette Knife
– Clear Gesso or Matte Mod Podge
– Faber Castell Pitt Pens
– Assorted Gelatos
– Assorted acrylic paints in your choice of colors plus gold for the stars
– Small Sponge Applicator
– Small Round Brush
– Strathmore Mixed Media Visual Journal 9″ x 12″ acrylic paints in your choice of colors
– Stickles: Assorted Colors
– Tea Dye Distress Ink
– Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist – Pearl
– Spray bottle filled with water
– Clean water and paper towels
- Apply a coat of gesso to your paper with the sponge applicator and let dry.
- Randomly apply your acrylic paint to your page. I used a paper towel to remove some of the paint while it was still wet to give it streaks and swirls. Let dry.
- Pencil in the tree on the left and paint with the light and medium brown acrylic paints. Let dry.
- Outline the tree with the Medium Pitt Pen. Mix the dark brown paint with the fiber paste and use the side of the palette knife to highlight the bark on the tree. Let dry.
- Using a Martha Stewart leaf punch, punch about 14 leaves from an old magazine. Color the leaves with assorted Gelatos. Dip your finger in water and rub the leaves to activate the color. Let dry. Distress the edges of the leaves with the Tea Dye ink and outline them with the Medium Pitt Pen.
- Using a stencil, fiber paste and palette knife, randomly add stars to your page. Let dry.
- Paint the stars with watered down gold acrylic paint. Let dry.
- Randomly adhere the leaves from step 5 to your page. Highlight the center of each leaf with Stickles. Let dry.
- Handwrite “give thanks” on the right side of your page.
- Print the rest of the sentiment from your computer “for every magical day.” Cut out each word and distress edges. Adhere to page using gesso or Matte Mod Podge.
- Add any other embellishments you like. Spray your page with Pearl Glimmer Mist. Let dry. Voila!! You have a beautiful Art Journal Page!!
For more Crafting Tips and Techniques visit our main website at Just4Crafters.com