Song Bird Journal Page
Created by Sophia Vida
My journaling adventure continues….. I wanted to do this page a little different from the last. So I decided to use acrylic paints as my main media. I chose my stencils and picked a small color palette of 7 acrylic paints and this is what I came up with.
For this Project you will need:
– Golden Fiber Paste
– Plaid Painting Stencil – Large Bird #30601
– Americana Brocade & Berries Border Stencil TS04
– Palette Knife
– Clear Gesso or Matte Mod Podge
– Faber Castell Pitt Pens
– Green & Gold Gelatos
– Assorted acrylic paints in your choice of colors
– Small Sponge Applicator
– Small Round Brush
– Cosmetic Sponge
– Strathmore Mixed Media Visual Journal 9″ x 12″
– Stickles: Assorted Colors
– Tea Dye Distress Ink
– Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist – Pearl
– Spray bottle filled with water
– Clean water and paper towels
- Apply a coat of gesso to your paper with the sponge applicator and let dry.
- Randomly apply your acrylic paint to your page. I used a paper towel to remove some of the paint while it was still wet to give it streaks and swirls. Let dry.
- Using your Americana vine stencil and palette knife, apply a thin coat of fiber paste to the right side of your paper. Let dry. Color with watered down green gelato paint and let dry.
- Highlight the berries and stems with the Stickles. Let dry.
- Using your medium Pitt Pen trace the Plaid Large Bird Stencil on a piece of scrap cardstock. Cut out. Distress edges with Tea Dye ink and glue on your page to the left of the berry border.
- Using your medium Pitt Pen draw a branch diagonally across the bottom left of your page under the bird and draw two small straight lines for feet connecting the bird to the branch. Last draw a few music notes just above the bird.
- Paint your branch with the dark brown paint and highlight with streaks of the lighter brown paint.
- Draw leaves on a magazine page using your Pitt Pen. Color with light green gelato. Dip your finger in water and rub the leaves to activate the color. Let dry.
- Cut out the leaves and glue them to your branch. Highlight with Stickles.
- Glue a piece of a doily to the top left of your page with clear gesso. Let dry.
- Color the doily with watered down pink and yellow acrylic paint. Let dry. Then highlight with Stickles. Let dry.
- Print a sentiment from your computer and distress edges. Cut out sentiment and adhere to page using gesso or Matte Mod Podge.
- Using the gold Gelato, draw a border around the edge of your page and soften the color by rubbing with a cosmetic sponge or your finger.
- Add any other embellishments you like. Spray your page with Pearl Glimmer Mist. Let dry. Voila!! You have a beautiful Art Journal Page!!
For more Crafting Tips and Techniques visit our main website at Just4Crafters.com