Faith Plants the Seed Journal Page
Created by Sophia Vida
I was introduced to Faber Castell Gelatos by Laurel Beard who has a wonderful blog at http://laurelbeard.wordpress.com/. If you don’t know about Gelatos they are acid free pigment sticks which come in a variety of colors. They can be used with or without water and work on paper, canvas and even wood. The colors are vibrant and beautiful which is why I really love them!
I was inspired by a video I found on YouTube by 2tinytrestures which I pinned to my Art Journaling Board on Pinterest: http://www.pinterest.com/pin/572801646327337480/. The video was about using the gelatos in your art journaling. The supplies I used are slightly different from hers because I was using what I had on hand. It was so much fun that I started on another page which I will share with you next week!
For this Project you will need:
– Golden Fiber Paste
– Stencil of your choice
– Palette Knife
– Clear Gesso or Matte Mod Podge
– Faber Castell Pitt Pens
– Faber Castell Gelatos in your choice of colors
– Small Sponge Applicator
– Rubber Stamps: Stampendous – Fresh Bloom and Inkadinkado – Butterfly #96648 (or any other stamps you have)
– Black Staz-On Ink
– Lumin Arte Powdered Pigments or Perfect Pearls
– Small Round Brush
– Cosmetic Sponge
– Strathmore Mixed Media Visual Journal 9″ x 12″
– Stickles: Assorted Colors
– Tea Dye Distress Ink
– Spray bottle filled with water
– Clean water and paper towels
- Apply a coat of gesso to your paper with the sponge applicator and let it dry. If your impatient, use a blow dryer to speed the drying process.
- Apply your gelatos randomly around the page. Use a paint brush dipped in water to activate the colors. Let dry.
- Using your stencil and palette knife, apply a thin coat of fiber paste to your paper. Let dry. Color with gelatos and let dry.
- Draw heart flowers on print either from a book, magazine or anything you may have using the Pitt Pens. Color them with gelatos. Spray with a little water and smear the paint with your fingers or using a small brush. Let dry and cut them out.
- Color the bottom of your flower stamp with a gelato. Spray the bottom of your stamp with water to activate the color and stamp your image on your page. Continue this process and fill your page with as many stamped images as desired. Let dry.
- Adhere the flowers to the bottom of your page using gesso or Matte Mod Podge. Let dry.
- Add more color to your page using the gelatos as desired. Use the cosmetic sponge the spread the color for a creamy look. Or use the spray bottle and add little droplets of water. Let dry.
- Stamp the butterflies using Black Staz-On Ink. Color the butterflies with Lumin Arte powdered pigments. Let dry.
- Print a sentiment from your computer and ink with the distress ink. Let dry.
- Cut out sentiment and adhere to page using gesso or Matte Mod Podge.
- Rub more gelatos around the edges of the page. Blend the color using the cosmetic sponge or your finger. Highlight with stickles and add any other embellishments. Voila!! You have a beautiful Art Journal Page!!
For more Crafting Tips and Techniques visit our main website at Just4Crafters.com