Simply Elegant Birthday Card
(Created by Sophia Vida)
Sometimes I get so caught up in the creative process that I burn a fuse trying to decide where to start. So I referred to one of my favorite books “Card Sketches for Paper Crafters” by Leisure Arts. This is such a fantastic book filled with over 145 card sketches and over 500 projects to fuel your creativity.
I found a sketch designed by Stephanie Halinski on page 46 and just loved it. There are several variations shown in the book using this design. I used one of the alternate layouts for this card because of the writing on the birthday cardstock. The possibilities for a single sketch are endless. This is one of the many reasons I refer to this book again and again. Plus this is a great card you can make with minimal supplies. Enjoy!!
For this card you will need:
– Cardstock: Blue Bell by Core’dinations, Happy Birthday Cream Green by DCWV
– Light Lavender Ribbon by Berwick Offray
– 1 Silver buckle by Favorite Findings (a pendant or button will also work)
– Glue Dots
– Aleene’s Tacky Glue
- Cut a 5″ x 10″ rectangle from Blue Bell cardstock. Fold in half. This will be your card base.
- Cut a 5″ circle from the Happy Birthday cardstock. Then cut the circle in half.
- Adhere half of the circle to the top and bottom edges of the card base.
- Cut 5″ of ribbon. Adhere to center of card in between the two semi-circles.
- Cut 4″ of ribbon and attach the buckle through the center. Trim edges as desired. Adhere to center of ribbon in step 4. Voila! You have a beautiful, elegant card that was a cinch to make.
Thanks for looking and have lots of fun making this Simply Elegant Birthday Card!!
For those interested, this is the book “Card Sketches for Paper Crafters” by Leisure Arts that was the inspiration for this card:
For more Crafting Tips and Techniques visit our main website at Just4Crafters.com