Martha Stewart Stamp Around the Page Butterfly Card
(Created by Sophia Vida)
I purchased a Martha Stewart Stamp Around the Page Starter Kit at my craft store. The kit includes a stamp base, clear mounting block, butterflies, fern and floral branch design templates, 6 stamps consisting of 3 corner and 3 border stamps for each design.
I wasn’t sure how this would work and I wanted to make a quick card so I copied Martha’s example on the cover of the box. Once the card was done, I added a few embellishments and that was it! It was super easy and quick.
What makes this so fantastic is there are so many things you can create using the 3 designs included in this kit (additional designs are sold separately). Plus not only can you make gorgeous cards but you can create fabulous scrapbook pages too!
For this card you will need:
– Cardstock: White and Pink
– Color Box Pigment Ink: Pink and Lime Green
– Stardust Stickles
– 10 Small Pearls
– Foam Squares
– Glue Stick
– Martha Stewart Stamp Around the Page Starter Kit
- Cut a 8″ x 6″ rectangle from the white cardstock. Fold in half (This will be the base of your card). Note: you can use different sized cards but you must keep the dimensions in 2″ increments. For example 6″ x 6″, 4″ x 8″ or 10″ x 12.”
- Follow package instructions and stamp corners with flowers using the lime ink on the base of your card from step 1. Continue to by stamping the borders.
- Following package instructions stamp corners with butterflies using the pink ink on the base of your card from step 1. Continue to stamp borders. Your butterflies should line up perfectly in the empty spaces left by the flower stamps.
- On a scrap piece of white cardstock stamp the butterfly border with the pink ink. Cut out 2 of the butterflies.
- Cut a 1.25″ x 2.5″ rectangle from the pink cardstock.
- Cut a 1″ x 2.25″ rectangle from the white cardstock. Glue the white rectangle onto pink rectangle from step 5. Use foam squares to adhere the 2 butterflies in the center of layered rectangle. Next, glue this to the center of the card.
- Adhere 5 small pearls to the top left and bottom right corners of the rectangle. Accent the butterflies on the border with Stardust Stickles. Let dry. Voila! You have a beautiful handmade card.
Thanks for looking and have lots of fun making this Martha Steward Stamp Around the Page Butterfly Card!