Valentine’s Day Card
(created by Sophia Vida)
This is a pretty quick and easy card to make. There is lots of texture which makes it lots of fun! Your recipient will surely love this handmade card. Enjoy!!!
For this Card you will need:
– Great Impressions Happy Valentine’s Day Stamp #D364
– Inkadinkado “You Make My Heart Flutter” Stamp #97573
– Studio G Heart Stamp #2011-10-25 or any other 1-1/2″ Heart Stamp
– Fimo Soft Red Clay
– Clay Machine
– Exacto knife
– Perfect Pearls Kit – Metalics (White)
– Premade Brown 5×7 Card and Envelope
– Cardstock: Bazzill Mudpie, Any Red Garnet
– Small piece of Brown Burlap
– Ranger Tea Dye Distress Ink
– 4″ Natural Raffia Ribbon
– CuttleBug D’Vine Swirls Embossing Folder
– Versa Fina Onyx Black Ink
– Three 3/4″ Red Glass Discs
– Aleene’s Tacky Glue
– Glue Stick
– Wax coated paper plate
– Spray bottle with water
– Water for cleaning brush
– Parchment Paper
- Condition your Fimo clay by rolling and kneading it. Then run it through the clay machine on a setting of 1.
- Place the thin sheet of clay on your parchment paper. Spray your stamp with water (this will kep the clay from sticking to the stamp). Stamp your image directly on the clay (If you’re not happy with the results, simply repeat steps 1 and 2).
- Using your exacto knife and very light pressure, gently cut along the outside edge of the heart (If you prefer, place a cutting mat underneath just in case). Once it is fully cut, set the excess clay aside.
- Press your heart into the embossing folder and gently peel off.
- Dip your brush into water, just enough to dampen it. Dip your brush into the white Perfect Pearls and begin brushing it on the embossed swirls on your heart.
- Repeat steps 1 through 5 and make the second heart.
- Place your hearts on a clean piece of parchment paper and bake in the oven on a cookie sheet according to the manufacturers directions.
- While the hearts are baking, distress the edges of the card with the Tea Dye ink.
- Cut 2 squares from the Brown Mudpie cardstock measuring 2.75″ x 2.75.” Cut 2 squares from the Red Garnet cardstock measuring 2.5″ x 2.5.” Cut 2 squares from the burlap measuring 2″ x 2.”
- Layer your squares. Using the glue stick adhere the red square on top of the brown square. Then using Aleene’s Tacky glue adhere the burlap on top of the red layered square. Repeat this step for the second set. (Tip: if your burlap has creases and isn’t laying flat just wet it with a little water and iron it flat. Make sure it is completely dry before gluing onto the cardstock)
- Glue the first layered square to the top left of your card. Glue the second layered square to the bottom right of your card.
- Tie a bow with the raffia around one of the red glass discs. Glue the three red discs on the top right of your card above the layered square.
- Using the Versa Fine Ink stamp “You Make My Heart Flutter” on the bottom left of the card below the square.
- Stamp “Happy Valentine’s Day” inside of the card with the Versa Fine Ink.
- Once your hearts have finished baking and have cooled, use the Aleene’s Tacky Glue to adhere them on top of the burlap on each square.Voila! You have a gorgeous handmade Valentine’s Day Card.
Thanks for looking and have lots of fun making this Valentine’s Day card!
For more Crafting Tips and Techniques visit our main website at Just4Crafters.com