Cupcake Birthday Card
(created by Sophia Vida)
For this Quick & Easy Card you will need:
– Cardstock: White, Fuchsia, Purple, Yellow and Patchwork Quilt by Urban Prairie
– Hero Arts Large Cupcake Stamp CG157
– Rubber Soul Vertical Happy Birthday Stamp S120-K
– Sizzix Sizzlits Die – Candles #2 (#654853)
– Stardust Stickles and Lavender Stickles
– 2 Silver Brads
– 2 Small Purple Paper Flowers
– Colored Markers: Fuchsia, Yellow, Purple
– Jelly Roll Pen: Purple Star
– Orange Colored Pencil
– Staz On Black Ink
– Clear Pigment Ink
– Glitterex DD Multi Ultra Fine Glitter GX-123 (White Iridescent Glitter)
– Small Heart Stickers
– Glue Stick
– Foam Squares
– Deckle Scissors
– Heat Gun
- Cut a 6″ x 12″ rectangle from the Fuchsia cardstock. Fold in half. This will be the base of your card.
- Cut a 5.5″ x 5.5 square from the yellow patchwork quilt cardstock. Adhere to the front of your base card.
- Using the Sizzix Sizzlits, cut the base of the candles from the Purple Cardstock. Color in the diagonal stripes with the Purple Jelly Roll Pen.
- Using the Sizzix Sizzlits, cut the candles again but from the Yellow Cardstock. Color in the center of the flame with the orange pencil. Cut the flame off. Glue the flame to the base of the candle from step 3. Set aside.
- Cut two 4″ x 4″ squares from the white cardstock. Ink your cupcake stamp with the black Staz On ink and stamp your image on to each 4″ square.
- Using the fuchsia colored marker, color in the thick stripes on the bottom of the cupcake. Using the yellow colored marker, color in the thin stripes on the bottom of the cupcake. Carefully cut out your image with scissors. Glue the candles from step 4 to the top of the cupcake. Let dry.
- Using the fuchsia colored marker color in the small pink hearts on the top of the second stamped cupcake. Also color in the outline of the large heart. Color in the sprinkles on the top of the cupcake with the purple and yellow colored markers.
- Ink the top of the cupcake with the clear pigment ink. Sprinkle with the ultra fine glitter. Tap off any excess. Use your heat gun to set. Once cool, carefully cut out the top part of the cupcake and adhere to the base cupcake in step 6 with foam squares. Highlight the round swirls on the top of the cupcake with the purple stickles let dry.
- Cut a 2″ x 5″ rectangle from the white cardstock. Ink your Happy Birthday stamp with the fuchsia marker. Breathe moist air onto it and stamp your image. Trim the edges with deckle scissors. Leave enough of a border to add your embellishments.
- Insert the silver brad through the center of the flowers and fasten to the top left and bottom right of your stamped image. Adhere the small heart stickers randomly to your sentiment. Use the stardust stickles to highlight the small hearts. Let dry.
- Outline the Happy Birthday letters with the lavender stickles. Let dry.
- Adhere the Birthday sentiment to the left side of the front of your card. Adhere the cupcake to the right side of your card. Voila! You have a beautiful handmade Cupcake Birthday Card.
Thanks for looking and have lots of fun making this quick and easy Cupcake Birthday Card!
For more Crafting Tips and Techniques visit our main website at Just4Crafters.com