Created by Sophia Vida
Ready for some more Spooky fun?!? This was lots of fun and fairly easy to do. I ordered the Boo from OhMyCrafts.com website. They carry a lot of really cool wood designs and craft supplies. The steps in this project will work for just about any wood design. All you need is a little imagination.
For this Project you will need:
– Boo Wood Letters
– Black Acrylic Paint
– K&Company Halloween & Fall Cardstock
– Black Cardstock
– Mode Podge: Matte
– Small Black Crow
– LuminArte Snap Dragon or your choice of a Perfect Pearls Color, or any other type of iridescent paint/pens
– Charcoal Gray Glitter Jelly Roll Pen
– White Graphite Tracing Paper
– Soft gum eraser
– Glue Gun
– Exacto Knife
– 1/2″ flat brush
– Small round brush
– Small foam brush
– Clean water, paper towels, wax-coated paper plates for paint palette
- Trace the outline of your Boo on the back of your cardstock. Carefully cut out your image with scissors. Check your fit and make any adjustments. Set aside.
- Trace the outline of your Boo on a piece of white scrap paper. Draw your eyes and eye brows. Cut them out with scissors.
- Using the graphite paper, trace the eyes on the black cardstock. Cut them out with scissors.
- Mix a small amount of the LuminArte Snap Dragon Pigment with water and paint the inside part of the eyes with the small round brush. You can also use Perfect Pearls or any other type of iridescent paint/pens. Let dry.
- Seal the color part of the eyes with a coat of Mod Podge. Let dry.
- Outline the eyes and brows with the Glitter Jelly Roll pen. You can gently erase any unwanted graphite lines with the gum eraser. Set aside.
- Basecoat all sides of your Boo with 1-2 coats of black paint. Let dry.
- Using the foam brush, apply a coat of Matte Mod Podge to the front of the “B” and adhere your cutout to the front. Smooth out any bubbles. Follow the same steps for the “oo.” Let dry.
- Using the foam brush, apply a coat of Matte Mod Podge to the back of the eyes and glue into place on the “oo.” Let dry.
- Using the glue gun adhere the small crow to the top of the “oo” and hold in place until dry. Voila! You have a one of a kind work of art!
Thanks for looking and have lots of fun making this Halloween Boo!
For more Crafting Tips and Techniques visit our main website at Just4Crafters.com