Cricut Owl Birthday Card (measures 6″ x 6″)
Created by Sophia Vida
– Cricut Cartridge Used: Sentimentals
– Cardstock: Patchwork Quilt and Bluebird by Urban Prairie; Feather Boa, Celebrity and White by Bazzill
– 4 Clear Rhinestones
– 2 Fuchsia Rhinestones
– 2 Small Wiggly Eyes
– Pink Glitter Pen
– Sandylion Essential Stickers: Pretty Pinks
– Happy Birthday Sentiment (printed on white cardstock)
– Fiskars Scissors – Victorian
– Tim Holtz Distress Ink – Tea Dye
– Foam Squares
– Glue Stick
This is a great summer Birthday Card. Who could resist a cute owl with wiggling eyes bringing a special parcel! You can easily change the theme on this card from Birthday to Thank You, Missing You or anything else you can think of.
- Cut a 6″ x 12″ base card from the Bazzill White cardstock. Then fold in half.
- On your computer print a vertical “Happy Birthday” sentiment in a font of your choice. The final image should measure 4-1/4″ in length. Next cut your sentiment using the Victorian scissors.
- Cut a 5-3/4″ x 5-3/4″ square from the Bazzill Celebrity cardstock (golden-yellow). Glue this to the front of your base card from step 1.
- Cut a 5-1/2″ x 5-1/2″ square from the Bazzill Feather Boa cardstock (pink). Glue this on top of the Celebrity cardstock from step 3.
- Cut a 5-1/4″ x 5-1/4″ square from the Urban Prairie Bluebird cardstock (blue/green). Distress the edges with the Tea Dye ink. Glue this to the top of the Feather Boa cardstock from step 4. Now you’ve created your card layers and you’re ready to make the cuts with the Cricut.
- Cut a 3″ <Owl> from the Urban Prairie Patchwork Quilt cardstock. This is the body of the owl and will be your bottom layer.
- Cut a 4-1/2″ <Layer><Frame3> from the Urban Prairie Patchwork Quilt cardstock. This will be the top layer of the frame. Distress the edges with the Tea Dye ink.
- Cut a 3″ <Layer><Owl> from the Urban Prairie Bluebird cardstock. This will be the bottom layer of the eyes and the branch.
- Cut a 3″ <Shift><Owl> from the Bazzill Feather Boa cardstock. This will be the envelope and the 2nd layer on the eyes. Using the glitter pen, darken the envelope flap.
- Cut a 4-1/2″ <Frame3> from the Bazzill Feather Boa cardstock. This will be the bottom layer of the frame.
- Cut a 3″ <Layer><Shift><Owl> from the Bazzill Celebrity cardstock. This will be the feet, beak and the 3rd and last layer on the eyes.
- Now that you’ve made all of your cuts, you can assemble your owl. But make sure you have the layers in the correct order before gluing the pieces in place. Glue the bottom layer of the eyes and the branch to the base of your owl that you cut from the Bluebird cardstock in step 8.
- Glue the envelope and 2nd layer for the eyes that you cut from the Feather Boa cardstock to the body of your owl in step 9.
- Glue the feet, beak and the 3rd layer for the eyes that you cut from the Celebrity cardstock to the body of your owl.
- Distress the outside edges of the owl and branch with the Tea Dye ink. Glue your wiggly eyes on the owl.
- Glue the top of the frame from step 7 to the bottom of the frame from step 10. Glue your finished frame to the front of your card. Remember to move it slightly to the left so you have room for your birthday sentiment on the right. Add a clear rhinestone to each corner of the frame. Glue 1 Sandylion flower to the center top of the card just above the frame. Glue a pink rhinestone on each side of the flower at the top.
- Adhere the owl to the center of the frame using foam squares.
- Highlight your birthday sentiment with the glitter pen. Glue to the right side of your card. Voila! You have a fun one of a kind Cricut Birthday card!!!
Have lots of fun making this Cricut Owl Birthday Card!
For more Crafting Tips and Techniques visit our main website at Just4Crafters.com