Happy Birthday Twirl Card
(created by Sophia Vida)
For this Card you will need:
– 1 Blank piece of white paper
– Cardstock: Orange, Yellow and Blue
– Coordinating Happy Birthday Stickers
– Color Box True Blue Ink
– Fiskars Put on Your Birthday Hat Clear Stamps 12-8951
– Stickles: Stardust
– Glue Stick
– Exacto knife
– Cutting Mat
– Ruler, Pencil, Eraser
This is a fairly easy moving card to make. I recommend making a working template of this card on a piece of regular white copy paper to give you a better idea of how it will work.
This is a fun card to give to that special someone. When the recipient receives this card, they will see one panel on the front and when open the card, the panel will twirl and they will see the backside of the panel. It has a big “cool” factor which makes it a lot of fun and very unique!
- For your working template cut a rectangle from the white copy paper 8-1/4″ x 5-1/2.”
- Draw 4 vertical lines from the left at: 2-1/2″, 3-1/2″, 4-3/4″ and 6-1/4.”
- Next you are going to draw a box in the middle. To do this you need to draw 2 horizontal lines 1-1/4″ from the top and 1-1/4″ from the bottom. Your horizontal and vertical lines will look like this:
- Erase the two middle vertical lines inside your box. Next erase the far left and far right vertical lines outside of your box. Last erase the far left and far right lines outside of the box at the bottom.
- Cut the outside edges of your box where indicated with the yellow marker below with the Exacto knife on your cutting mat.
- Make a mountain fold along the second vertical line. But do not fold the inside box as shown below.
- Make a valley fold along the third verticl line. Again, do not fold the inside box as shown below.
- Now that you have a working template follow steps 1 through 7 on your orange base cardstock. Use light pencil lines that you can easily erase. Note: Before decorating your card, flip it over so the larger panel is on the right.
- Cut a 1-3/4″ x 5-3-16″ rectangle from the yellow cardstock. Check your fit and adjust if needed. Glue this piece to the front outside left panel.
- Cut a 2-1/4″ x 5-3/16″ rectangle from the yellow cardstock. This will be your inside right panel. Check your fit and adjust if needed. Glue this piece to the left inside panel.
- Cut two blue rectangles 2-13/16″ x 3-1/2″. Cut two yellow rectangles 2-7/16″ x 3-4/16″. Check the cuts against the twirling panel and make sure it doesn’t overlap and allows free movement of the panel.
- Glue the yellow rectangles on top of the blue rectangles from step 11. Next glue both pieces to the front and back of the twirling panel.
- Pick the stamps you will be using for the card and stamp the images on your card using the blue Color Box ink. Let dry.
- Add Star Dust Stickles where desired. Let dry.
- Adhere your stickers to the front and back panel of your card. Voila! You have a fantastic twirling Birthday Card!
Thanks for looking and have lots of fun making this twirling Birthday Day!
For more Crafting Tips and Techniques visit our main website at Just4Crafters.com