Cricut Mickey Birthday Card (measures 6″ x 6″)
Created by Sophia Vida
– Cricut Cartridge Used: Mickey and Friends
– Cardstock Colors by CoredinationsFoundations.com: Lipstick Pink, Grass Roots Green, Cloudless Blue, Pastel Yellow
– Cardstock by SandyLion Sticker Designs: Mickey Comic Strip
– Basic Cardstock Colors: Black, White, Beige, Maroon Red (you will only need small amounts so scrap paper works great!)
– Great Impressions Happy Birthday Confetti Stamp E528
– Color Box Pigment Ink – Pink #15033
– Tim Holtz Distress Inks: Milled Lavender, Peeled Paint
– Black Colored Pencil
– Clear Embossing Powder
– 3 Glitter Star Buttons
– Heat Gun
– Foam Squares
– Glue Stick
This card is perfect for the kid in all of us! The colors used in this design are more feminine. You can easily make this into a masculine card by substituting the pink for more Maroon Red or any other coordinating colors to match the comic strip.
- Cut a 6″ x 12″ base card from the Lipstick pink cardstock. Then fold in half.
- Cut a 5-3/4″ x 5-3/4″ square from the Mickey Comic Strip. Distress the edges with the Milled Lavender ink. Glue this to the top of your card base from step 1.
- Cut two 2-1/2″ x 2-1/2″ squares from the Grass Roots green cardstock. Distress the edges with Peeled Paint ink.
- Cut two 2-1/4″ x 2-1/4″ squares from the Cloudless blue cardstock. Glue the blue squares on top of the green squares from step 3.
- Glue the green/blue squares together diagonally. The outside corners should reach the edge of the Comic Strip on the front of the card. Then glue the squares to the front of your card.
- Cut a 2″ x 3-1/4″ rectangle from the Lipstick pink cardstock.
- Cut a 1-3/4″ x 3″ rectangle from the Pastel Yellow cardstock.
- Cut a 1-1/2″ x 2-3/4″ rectangle from white cardstock.
- Stamp your Happy Birthday sentiment on the white cardstock using the pink pigment ink. Sprinkle with clear embossing powder. Remove excess powder and set with heat gun.
- Layer your rectangles: Glue the yellow rectangle from step 8 on top of the pink rectangle from step 7. Next glue the Happy Birthday sentiment on top of the yellow rectangle.
- Glue the layered rectangle to the front of the card centered on the diagonal green/blue layered squares.
- Now you are ready to begin making your cuts with the Cricut. Cut a 3″ <Shift><Mickey3> on Black cardstock.
- Cut a 3″ <Layers Face><Mickey3> on Beige cardstock.
- Cut a 3″ <Layers Outfit><Mickey3> on Maroon Red cardstock.
- Cut a 3″ <Layers Face><Shift><Mickey3> on White cardstock.
- Cut a 3″ <Layers Shoes><Mickey3> on Pastel Yellow cardstock.
- Cut a 3″ <Layers><Shift><Mickey3> on Pink cardstock.
- Assemble your Mickey and glue together. Using a black colored pencil follow the cut line on Mickey’s face for his eye.
- Using foam squares adhere Mickey to the bottom left of the front of the card. He will slightly overlap the diagonal squares and stamped sentiment.
- Last glue your 3 glitter star buttons to the top left, top right and bottom right corners of your layered rectangle. Voila! You have a fun one of a kind Birthday card!!!
Have lots of fun making this Cricut Mickey Birthday Card!
For more Crafting Tips and Techniques visit our main website at Just4Crafters.com