(created by Sophia Vida)
Jump into Spring with this easy and fun Easter project. With bunnies, flowers and more!!!
For this project you will need:
– 3.75″ x 3.75″ thick border wood frame
– Foam Easter decorations
– 2-3/4″ Square pre-made wooden Happy Easter Sentiment
– 1-1/2″ wide wired ribbon
– White butterfly ribbon
– White pom-pom ribbon
– Back of bunny stamp (found this in the $1 section of the craft store)
– 4″ square aqua blue cardstock
– Acrylic Paint: Yellow and White
– Dark brown water based marker
– Staz-On Stone Gray Ink
– Stickles: Stardust and Cotton Candy (Pink)
– 3.75″ Square Aqua Blue Cardstock
– Aleenes Tacky Glue
– 3/4″ Flat Paint Brush
– Spotter Brush
– 2 Plastic Coated Paper Plates
– Paper Towels
– Container with clean water to rinse the brushes
– Fine Grit Sandpaper
- Remove the center cardboard from the frame. Cut a 3.75″ square from the aqua blue cardstock to cover this piece entirely. Glue onto the cardboard.
- Put glue on the back of your wooden Easter sentiment and adhere to the middle of the aqua cardboard from step 1. Hold it in place on the frame to make sure you have good placement. Remove again and set aside. Let dry.
- Sand any rough edges on the frame and wipe off any dust with a paper towel.
- Semi mix equal amounts of white and yellow paint on the paper plate. Using the 3/4″ flat brush paint your frame (front and sides). By not fully blending the two colors and leaving the paint a little swirly, you will have light and dark variations in your paint. Let dry.
- If you like you can lightly sand the edges and sides of your frame for a distressed look. Wipe off any dust with a paper towel.
- Ink you bunny stamp with the Staz On ink and stamp a bunny image slightly offset on the left bottom corner. Repeat for the right bottom corner. Let dry.
- Add a small amount of white paint to the paper plate and paint the bunnies using the spotter brush. If you go over the stamped lines you can fill them in later with a permanent fine tip black marker.
- Color a small spot on the paper plate with a dark brown marker. Dip your spotter brush in the water and pick up a small amount of the dark brown ink. Add a little shading to the ears, head and body. Let dry.
- Cut a white pom-pom and glue one on the stamped bunny image for the tail. Repeat for the second bunny.
- Add your foam Easter stickers to the bottom and sides of the frame.
- Cut 2 butterflies from your ribbon and glue them to the left and right middle side of your frame. Cut 2 more butterflies and glue them to the left and right top side of the frame.
- Add startdust stickles to the wings of the butterflies. Add cotton candy stickles to the body of the butterflies. Let dry.
- Make your bow with your 1-3/4 ribbon. Glue to the top center of your frame. I prefer wired ribbon for this type of project because you can easily shape your bow.
- Insert your Easter sentiment back into the frame. Voila! You have a beautiful Easter decoration!
Thanks for looking and have lots of fun making this Happy Easter Decoration!
For more Crafting Tips and Techniques visit our main website at Just4Crafters.com