Valentine’s Day Card (measures 6″ x 6″)
Created by Sophia Vida
– Cardstock Colors: White, Fuchsia
– Ribbons and laces in various widths
– Stickles – Stardust
– Great Impressions Happy Valentine’s Day Stamp
– Color Box Pink Pigment Ink
– Clear Embossing Powder
– Heat Gun
– Glue Dots
– Aleene’s Tacky Glue
– Xyron 1/2″ Tape Runner
– 1/8″ thick foam squares
“Simply Handmade Magazine” had a great Valentine’s issue “be mine.” In it was a project that inspired me similar to the one I made here. This is a quick and easy card to make that is absolutely gorgeous when finished.
- Cut a 12″ x 6″ piece of white cardstock. Fold it in half. Set aside.
- Cut a heart 4-1/2″ wide by 4-3/4″ high from white cardstock.
- Cut pieces of lace and ribbon so you completely cover the heart from Step 2. The edges should hang off of the heart.
- Using Aleene’s Tacky glue adhere the pieces of ribbon and lace to the heart. Slightly overlap some of the pieces. Let dry.
- Turn the heart over. Using sharp scissors trim the lace and ribbon around the edges of the heart. If any of your lace or ribbon begin to fray, dab a small amount of Aleene’s tacky glue to the edges and let dry.
- Cut a 5-3/4″ x 5-3/4″ piece of fuchsia cardstock and glue it to the front of the white base card you made in Step 1.
- Using the Xyron tape runner glue the heart on to the fuchsia cardstock on the front of the card.
- Stamp your Happy Valentine’s Day sentiment on white cardstock with the pink pigment ink. Sprinkle with embossing powder. Remove any excess powder. Use your heat gun to set.
- Tear the edges of the stamped sentiment. You will end up with a 2-1/2″ x 1-1/2″ rectangle when done.
- Using the foam squares adhere the Valentine’s Day sentiment at an angle to the bottom left corner of the card. It should overlap the heart.
- Fill in the two hearts on the sentiment with the Stardust Stickles. Let dry.
- Using the glue dots adhere a silk flower to the top left and bottom right corners of the card. Voila! You have a beautiful one of a kind Valentine’s Day Card!!!
Don’t forget Monday the 13th is the last day to enter for a chance to win the Flourishes Stamp Set. Please read my 2/4/12 Blog Candy Post for details.
Have fun making this Valentine’s Day Card!
For more Crafting Tips and Techniques visit our main website at Just4Crafters.com