Domino Jewelry Pendant
(created by Sophia Vida)
For this project you will need:
– White dominoes with smooth back
– Any rubber stamp
– Staz On Ink – Black
– Fine Tip Permanent Markers (Assorted Colors)
– The Stencil Collection Pastel Chalks
– Sparkle Mod Podge
– Glue on Pendant Bail
– Jewelry Cement
– Small Foam Brush
This project is a lot of fun for kids and adults alike! These domino jewelry pieces make great gifts for any occasion. You can use almost any rubber stamp you have. It doesn’t necessarily have to fit on the domino. If it fits that great! If it’s a large stamp, just pick your favorite part of the stamp and use that.
- Ink your stamp with the Staz on Ink and stamp onto the smooth back of the domino. Let dry.
- Color your image with the permanent markers and do your best to stay within the lines. Some markers may erase the stamped image a little. If this happens just use a black permanent marker to correct the spot. Let dry.
- Color your background and sides of the domino with the permanent pastel chalks from the Stencil Collection.
- Using the foam brush, apply a coat of Glitter Mod Podge to the back and sides of the domino covering all colored areas. Let dry.
- Place a small amount of cement glue on flat part of the pendant bail and adhere to the face of the domino. Hold steady for a minute until it stays in place. Then gently lay it on a flat surface to dry. Make sure it stays straight and centered.
- Thread your pendant with the necklace of your choice. Voila! You have a unique work of art that you can wear anywhere you go!
Tips: Coloring: You can also color the back of the domino with Adirondack Alcohol Inks or LuminArte Pigment Inks and then stamp your image on top of that. I don’t normally use the Mod Podge with these inks since the colors are usually pretty vibrant and iridescent.
Necklace: You can purchase pre-made ribbon, satin cord or leather necklaces to hang your pendant. Just make sure the end of the necklace will fit through the loop on your pendant bail.
Instead of using a pendant bail, you can drill a small hole through the top of the domino and loop the satin cord or ribbon through the hole. This gives it a more casual look but is also very nice.
Pin: If you prefer you can glue a pin back to the face of the domino and create a beautiful pin.
Create a Picture: Using blue painters tape, tape 6-10 dominoes together into two rows. Then stamp and color your image. Once dried, remove the tape and mount the dominoes in a picture frame for a unique work of art!
The possibilities are endless!
Thanks for looking and have lots of fun making this Domino Jewelry Pendant!
For more Crafting Tips and Techniques visit our main website at Just4Crafters.com