Snowbird Holiday Tree
(created by Sophia Vida)
For this project you will need:
– 2-3 bushels small white silk flower rosebuds
– 6″ silver pedestal bowl
– 12″ Styrofoam cone
– 6″ Styrofoam square
– 3″ white feather bird for top
– small bag of white plume feathers
– floral pick
– 1-2 crystal sprays
– 1-2 white pearl sprays
– wire cutters
– 6-8 floral pins
– Floral Tape
– Glue Gun
The snowbird on this tree was so cute and spunky, he made me laugh. I had to find a way to put him to use. As as result I created this topiary tree that makes a wonderful home decoration for the holiday!
- Cut the foam block to fit snugly inside the pedestal bowl. The top should be level with the rim on your bowl. Add a little glue to the bottom of the bowl and adhere in place.
- Add a little glue to the to of the foam block and adhere the cone in place. For extra support, add a few floral pins around the seam of the two foam pieces.
- Add a floral pick to the bottom of your bird (just poke it thru the center of the bottom). Place a dab of glue on the other end of the pick and insert into the top of the tree.
- Using the wire cutters, cut your rosebuds from the bushels. Leave about a 3/4″ – 1″ piece of stem on each. Place a dab of glue on the end of one of the rosebud stems and insert it in the top of the tree directly under your bird. Repeat this step and work your way down until you have covered the entire cone.
- Using the wire cutters, cut a few end pieces from the crystal stem. Place a dab of glue on the end, and insert them randomly on your cone or anywhere you may have a gap.
- Repeat step 5 using the white pearl spray.
- Stick the ends of the feathers directly into the foam base to fill in any gaps at the bottom. Voila! You have a gorgeous holiday decoration.
Tips: You can use any color scheme you desire. If you find the perfect bowl is bigger than what you need, just improvise and adjust your sizes. Add extra holiday picks, feathers or ribbon and bows at the base to cover any gaps. The variations are endless! The main idea is simply to enjoy and have fun!!!
Thanks for looking and have lots of fun making this Snowbird Holiday Tree!
For more Crafting Tips and Techniques visit our main website at Just4Crafters.com