(created by Sophia Vida)
This is a really fun and easy craft that makes a great gift for friends and teachers. It also makes an adorable autumn decoration for your home!
For this project you will need:
– 6″ Wooden Clothes Pin
– 7″ Plush Scarecrow
– Fiskars Large Oakey Dokey Leaf Punch
– Martha Stewart Maple Leaf Punch
– Spellbinders Nestabilities S4-190
– Sparkle Mod Podge
– Recollections Adhesive Embellishments – Glitter Pumpkins
– 5″ Sq of Glitter Orange Cardstock
– 4″ Sq of coordinating Gold Cardstock
– 3″ Sq of Ivory Cardstock
– Scraps of cardstock in Fall Colors: Orange, Green, Purple, Red, etc.
– 6″ Natural Raffia
– Small disposable foam brush
– Glue Gun
– Glue Stick
- Punch 5-7 leaves in assorted colors with the small maple leaf punch.
- Punch 5-7 leaves in assorted colors with the large oak leaf punch.
- Place the clothes pin so the opening is at the top. Then using the sparkle Mod Podge, dab a small amount on the back of each leaf and glue them to the front of the clothes pin. You should overlap the leaves a bit. Let dry.
- Using your small foam brush, cover the entire front of the clothes pin and leaves in the Sparkle Mod Podge. Let dry.
- Using the glue gun adhere the 4 glitter pumpkins randomly on the front of the clothes pin. Let dry. (Note: Although the pumpkins already have adhesive on them, use the glue gun to adhere them better.)
- Wrap the raffia through the center of the clothes pin and tie a bow at the front.
- Using your largest Spellbinders cutting die, cut your scalloped edge in the orange glitter cardstock. Then following the manufacturer directions, run it through the machine again to emboss the edges.
- Using your second largest Spellbinders cutting die, cut your scalloped edge on the gold cardstock. As in Step 7, follow the manufacturer directions and run it through the machine again to emboss the edges.
- Using your third largest Spellbinders cutting die, cut your scalloped edge on the ivory cardstock. As in Step 7, follow the manufacturer directions and run it through the machine again to emboss the edges.
- Hand write or stamp “Give Thanks” on the front of the ivory scalloped edge.
- Layer your scalloped cardstock. Start by gluing the gold scalloped cardstock to the front of the orange glitter scalloped cardstock.
- Glue the ivory scalloped cardstock with your sentiment to the front of the gold scalloped cardstock.
- Using the glue gun, glue the left arm and left side of the scarecrow to the back right side of the clothes pin. (Test your placement to make sure the scarecrow and clothes pin will stand.)
- Slightly open the clothes pin and clip your sentiment in the clothes pin opening. Voila! You have an adorable Autumn Scarecrow Decoration.
Note: The Spellbinders Nestabilites used for this project will work in the Cuttlebug, Big Kick, Original Sizzix, Big Shot (Black & Pink) and Revolution by QuicKutz die cutting systems. For more details please refer to the Spellbinders Compatability FAQ’s.
Thanks for looking and have lots of fun making this Autumn Scarecrow Decoration!
For more Crafting Tips and Techniques visit our main website at Just4Crafters.com