Halloween Witch Hat Card
(created by Sophia Vida)
For this Card you will need:
– Northwoods Solid Witch’s Hat with Spider Stamp (shown below)
– Inkadinkado Spider Web Stamp (shown below)
– Impression Obsession Spooktacular Stamp (shown below)
– One 5-1/2″ x 5-1/2″ Black Premium Textured Card & Envelope Set
– Martha Stewart Spider Web Punch
– The Stencil Collection Chalks – Violet and Black (These chalks are great! They become permanent after applied and don’t require additional fixatives. They can be found at http://www.thestencilcollection.com/pastels.html)
– Marvy Markers – #121 Violet, #130 Butter Yellow, #112 Bright Orange
– Jelly Roll Pens – Purple Star, Lime Star, Golden Star, Metallic Silver
– Color Box Black Pigment Ink
– Ranger Clear Embossing Powder
– Heat Embossing Gun
– Fine Water Brush
– Cardstocks: Lime Green, Orange, Purple, Yellow and White
– Foam Squares 1/16″ and 1/8″
– Glue Stick
- Using your Martha Stewart Web Border, punch the top and bottom right corners of the card. Next punch the web borer on the right edge of the card from top to bottom.
- Cut a 4″ x 3-1/2″ rectangle from the purple cardstock.
- Cut a 3-3/4″ x 3-1/4″ rectangle from the orange cardstock.
- Cut a 3-1/2″ x 3″ rectangle from the lime green cardstock. (This will complete the layers for the Witch’s Hat).
- Cut a 2-3/4″ x 1-3/4″ rectangle from the purple cardstock.
- Cut a 2-1/2″ x 1-1/2″ rectangle from the orange cardstock.
- Cut a 2-1/4″ x 1-1/4″ rectangle from the lime green cardstock. (This will complete the layers for the Spooktacular Stamp).
- Cut a 1″ x 5-1/2″ rectangle from the yellow cardstock.
- Color the Witch’s Hat Stamp with Violet Marvy Marker. Breathe moist air on to the back of the stamp to reactivate the ink. Then stamp the hat on to the white cardstock.
- Using your fine water brush, color in the Witch’s Hat image that you just stamped in Step 9 (this step will fill in any white space on the hat).
- Color in the band on the Witch’s hat with the bright orange Marvy Marker.
- Color in the moon and stars with the butter yellow Marvy Marker.
- Draw in the star swirls with the Jelly Roll Golden Star Pen.
- Highlight the moon and stars with the Jelly Roll Golden Star Pen.
- Draw in the buckle with the metallic silver Jelly Roll Pen.
- Draw in the stitching and buckle holes with the Purple Star Jelly Roll Pen. Also add highlights as needed to the hat with this pen.
- Draw in the stitching at the bottom of the hat with the Lime Star Jelly Roll Pen.
- Ink the spider web stamp with the pigment ink and stamp on the top right corner of the large 3-1/2″ x 3″ lime green rectangle.
- Sprinkle with the clear embossing powder. Tap off any excess and use the heat gun to set.
- Ink the spooktacular stamp with the pigment ink and stamp it on the center of the small 2-1/4″ x 1-1/4″ lime green rectangle.
- Sprinkle with clear embossing powder. Tap off any excess and use the heat gun to set.
- Using the violet chalk brush the edges of the large and small rectangles. Add a little to the middle of the small lime green rectangle.
- Using the black chalk brush the edges of the small yellow rectangle.
- Glue the large orange rectangle on top of the large purple rectangle. Next glue the large lime green rectangle on top of the large orange rectangle. Glue this layered piece on the top part of your card.
- Glue the small orange rectangle on top of the small purple rectangle. Next glue the small lime green rectangle on top of the small orange rectangle.
- Using the 1/16″ foam squares, adhere your layered spooktacular piece at an angle on the bottom of your card. It should slightly overlap the large rectangle above it.
- Cut out your Witch’s Hat stamped image with scissors. The hanging spider was removed for this card but keep it if your prefer.
- Using the 1/8″ foam squares, adhere the Witch’s hat to the center of the large green rectangle at the top of your card.
- Glue the yellow rectangle inside the card on the right edge so it show through the spider web border. Voila! You have a fun Halloween Card!!!
Thanks for looking and have lots of fun making this Halloween Witch’s Hat card!
For more Crafting Tips and Techniques visit our main website at Just4Crafters.com