Its official, fall is here! This is such a beautiful time of year with the changing colors and cooler temperatures. It’s time to kick off Halloween with this easy and fun Halloween Witch!
For this project you will need:
– 6-1/2″ Wood Picket Fence
– 6 pieces of Candy Corn
– 7″ Tall Soft Witch
– Jolee’s Boutique Pumpkin Stickers #SPJB465
– Sparkle Mod Podge
– Acrylic Paints: Black, Violet, Light Gray, Burnt Umber, Nutmeg Brown
– Folk Art Crackle Medium
– Glue Gun
– 1/2″ Paint Brush
– Small Scruffy Brush or Small Stencil Brush
– Plastic Coated Paper Plate (to be used a painting palette)
– Paper Towels
– Glass with clean water to rinse the brushes
Note: The paint dries pretty fast so you should be able to move from one step to the next fairly quickly.
- Using the 1/2″ brush, paint the wood fence front, back and sides with the Light Gray paint. Let dry and rinse your brush.
- Using the 1/2″ brush, apply the Crackle Medium to the wood fence front and sides. Let dry and rinse your brush.
- Using the 1/2″ brush, paint the fence pickets with the Violet paint. Rinse your brush and begin painting the top and bottom horizontal fence bars with the Black paint. As the paints dries it will crackle.
- Using the 1/2″ brush paint the base of the fence with the Burnt Umber paint. Let dry and rinse your brush.
- Using the Small Scruffy or Stencil brush, pounce a little Nutmeg Brown paint over the Burnt Umber paint on the base. This will give it a little more texture. Let dry and rinse your brush.
- Using your hot glue gun, glue the candy corn diagonally to the top horizontal fence bar.
- Using the 1/2″ brush, apply the Glitter Mod Podge to the candy corn and the top horizontal fence bar. Let dry and wash your brush with soap and water. The Mod Podge will seal the candy to keep critters from eating it.
- Add your Jolee Pumpkin and Ghost/Spiders Stickers to your fence.
- Using the glue gun, add a little to the back of the Witch and glue her to the fence. Voila! You have a fun and festive Halloween Decoration.
Thanks for looking and have lots of fun making this Halloween Witch Decoration!
For more Crafting Tips and Techniques visit our main website at Just4Crafters.com