Thank You Butterfly Card
(created by Sophia Vida)
For this Card you will need:
– Sizzix Set of 4 Butterfly Cutting Dies (shown below)
– Cricut Cartridge Used: Beyond Birthdays
– Cardstock Colors: Light Mauve, Fuchsia, Light Purple Dark Purple, Pink Multi Color by K&C Company
– Stickles – Star Dust
– Stickles – Lavender
– 2 Dark Purple Silk Flowers
– Foam Squares
NOTE: If you are using printed or textured cardstock you will have to turn the cardstock over (face down) when cutting the wings or wing outlines for the other side of the butterfly.
- Cut a 6″ x 12″ card base on Light Mauve cardstock. Then fold it in half.
- Cut a 5-3/4” square on Fuchsia cardstock and glue it to the front of your Mauve card base.
- Using your cutting die machine and the Sizzix Butterfly Cutting Dies, cut the butterfly head and body, 1 top wing and 1 bottom wing on Light Purple cardstock. Then run the top wing and bottom wing through again on the same cardstock. This will be the base of the butterfly.
- Using the multi color cardstock (printed side face up) cut 1 top wing and 1 bottom wing with the same cutting dies as in step 3.
- Turn your multi color cardstock over (printed side face down) and cut 1 top wing and 1 bottom wing with the same cutting dies as in step 3. These will be the wings for the left side. Remember: If using textured or printed cardstock turn it over when making the second cut.
- Cut the wing outlines with the cutting die on Fuchsia cardstock.
- Using the same cutting die as in step 6, cut another set of wing outlines on Fuchsia cardstock. Remember: If using textured or printed cardstock turn it over when making the second cut.
- With the Cricut Machine and the Beyond Birthdays Cartridge, cut a 1-3/4” <Shadow> <merci> on Dark Purple cardstock.
- With the same Cricut Cartridge cut a 1-3/4” <merci> on Light Purple cardstock.
- Glue the butterfly head on to the body.
- Make sure your wings match up by laying out your whole butterfly. The Light Purple wings are on the bottom. Then add the Multi Color wings on top but slightly offset them so you see a little of the Light Purple base wing. Next add your Fuchsia wing outlines on top of the Multi Color wings.
- Once you have your correct layout, glue the wing layers together.
- Glue your wings to the underside of the butterfly body.
- Decorate your butterfly wings with the Star Dust Stickles. Decorate the head and body the Lavender Stickles.
- Glue the Light Purple Merci on top of the Dark Purple shadow Merci.
- Decorate the Merci by outlining it with the Star Dust Stickles.
- After your Stickles have dried, glue the Merci to the bottom right of the card.
- Using foam squares, adhere the butterfly to the top left of the card.
- Last add your two flowers and Voila! You have a fun & vibrant Thank You Card.
Thanks for looking and have lots of fun making this card!
For more Crafting Tips and Techniques visit our main website at Just4Crafters.com