Birthday Card with Cricut (measures 3.75″ x 6″)
Created by Sophia Vida
– Cartridges Used: Wild Card and Stamping
– Cardstock Colors: Light Pink, White, Fuchsia, Yellow, Pink Multi Swirl (Morning in the Garden by Paper Adventures)
– Embossing Folder: Cuttlebug A2 D’vine Swirls
– Stickles – Star Dust
– Orange Colored Pencil
– Colored Chalks – Medium Yellow, Fuchsia
Note: All cuts in Steps 1-5 below, are made with the Cricut Wild Card Cartridge except the 1.5″ Happy Birthday in Step 6 which is made using the Cricut Stamping Cartridge
- Cut a 6″ <Cupcake> on light pink cardstock. This will be the base of your card. Fold on the left where indicated by the fold marks.
- Cut a 6″ <Icon> Cupcake Bottom on pink multi swirl cardstock.
- Cut a 6″ <Icon><Shift> Cupcake Top on white cardstock.
- Cut a 6″ <Liner> Candle on fuchsia cardstock.
- Cut a 6″ <Liner> Candle on yellow cardstock.
- This is the only cut using the Stamping Cartridge: Cut a 1.5″ <Happy Birthday> on fuchsia cardstock.
- Glue the pink multi swirl cupcake bottom to the base card.
- With an orange colored pencil, color in the center of the flame on the yellow candle.
- Cut off the flame on the fuchsia candle. Then cut off the flame on the yellow candle. Place the bottom of the fuchsia candle and the top of the yellow flame on the base card to make sure they fit correctly. Once they do, glue both into place on the base card.
- Run the white cupcake top through the Cuttlebug using the A2 D’vine Swirls Embossing Folder.
- Glue the white embossed cupcake top to the base card.
- Use Star Dust Stickles to highlight the swirls on the white cupcake top.
- After your Stickles glitter has dried, use medium yellow and fuchsia chalk to make a swirled border edge around the back of the base card.
- Last, glue your fuchsia Happy Birthday to the cupcake bottom and Voila! You have a beautiful birthday card.
Have lots of fun making this card!
For more Crafting Tips and Techniques visit our main website at Just4Crafters.com