Valentine’s Day Charm Card
(created by Sophia Vida)
I love bright fun colors but I decided to give myself a challenge and make a few Valentine’s Day cards with the brown cardstock. After making two cards, it is starting to grow on me.
This is such a fun card your special someone is sure to love. It has a removable 2″ heart charm which can be used for a necklace, key chain, bookmark or anything else you can think of. There are lots of possibilities!!!
For this Card you will need:
- Great Impressions Happy Valentine’s Day Stamp #D364
- Bead Letters
- Martha Stewart Lace Heart Edge Punch #MS867304
- Premade Brown 5×7 Card and Envelope
- Cardstock: Red Garnet, Pink
- 3/4″ Glitter Foam Heart Stickers
- Ranger Tea Dye Distress Ink
- 4″ Chiffon Ribbon
- Ribbon Punch
- 2″ Heart Charm
- Versa Fina Onyx Black Ink
- Aleene’s Tacky Glue
- Glue Stick
- Distress the edges of the front of your card with the Tea Dye ink.
- Cut a 3″ x 3.5″ rectangle from the red cardstock and distress the edges.
- Cut a 2.5″ x 3″ rectangle from the pink cardstock and distress the edges. Check your placement of the charm and mark the hole of the charm with a pencil. Use the ribbon punch over the hole mark. Thread your ribbon through the back of the cardstock.
- Glue the pink cardstock on to the red cardstock. Then glue them to the top half of your card. Attach your heart charm to the ribbon and finish it off by tying a bow. Trim the ends of the ribbon as desired.
- Cut a 1.5″ x 5″ rectangle from the red cardstock. Cut another 1.5″ x 5″ rectangle from the pink cardstock. Use the heart edge punch on the pink cardstock.
- Distress the bottom edge of the red cardstock with the Tea Dye ink. Next distress the edges and around the top of the hearts on the pink cardstock. Glue the pink cardstock on to the red cardstock by aligning the top straight edge. Glue your border towards the bottom of the card. Stick the foam hearts to the center of the border.
- Using Aleene’s Tacky glue adhere your bead letters in between the charm and border to spell “Love You.”
- Stamp “Happy Valentine’s Day” inside of the card with the Versa Fine Ink. Voila! You have a fun handmade Valentine’s Day Card with a Charm.
Thanks for looking and have lots of fun making this Valentine’s Day Charm card!
For more Crafting Tips and Techniques visit our main website at Just4Crafters.com