Cricut Flamingo Birthday Card (measures 5.5″ x 5.5″)
Created by Sophia Vida
- Cartridge Used: Life is a Beach
– Cardstock Colors: Light Blue 5.5″ x 5.5″ Texture Card (Joann’s Fabric), White, Black, Pink Multi Swirl (Morning in the Garden by Paper Adventures), Multi Blue-Pink (Miss Elizabeth’s Fairytale Princess), Dark Brown, Light Forest Green, Beige
– Stickles – Star Dust
– Bubble Gum Pink, Salmon , Black, Green Colored Pencils
– Dark Brown, Navy Sharpie Markers (fine point)
– Yellow 1/2″ paper flower
– Fuchsia 1/2″ paper flower
– Pink 1/2″ paper flower (6 petals)
– 3/16″ Fuchsia Rhinestone
– Pink Plume Feather
– Aleene’s Tacky Glue
– 1/8″ Foam Squares
- Cut a 5″ <Flamingo> on white cardstock. This will be the base of the flamingo.
- Using the pink and salmon colored pencils draw horizontal lines and shadow accents on the legs of the 5″ white flamingo from step 1. Next color the tip of the flamingo beak, with the black colored pencil. Then just above the black on the beak color in a small section of pink. You can accent the beak outline a little with the pink and salmon colored pencils.
- Trace the 5″ flamingo’s beak on black cardstock and cut out. Glue this piece to the backside of your flamingo’s beak.
- Cut a 5″ <Layers><Flamingo> on Pink Multi Swirl cardstock. Glue this piece onto the white flamingo from step 1. Then dot the flamingo eye with the navy blue sharpie marker.
- Cut about a 1″ piece of pink plume feather and glue it to the flamingo’s body with Aleene’s tacky glue. Let dry.
- Layer your flower. Glue the fuchsia flower on top of the yellow flower. Then glue the pink flower on top of the fuchsia flower. Next glue the fuchsia rhinestone on top of the pink flower. Glue your flower to the top of the flamingo’s head. Let dry.
- Cut a 2-1/4″ <PlmTree> on Dark Brown cardstock. This will be the base of the palm tree. Draw horizontal lines on the trunk of the tree.
- Cut a 2-1/4″ <Layers><PlmTree> on Light Forest Green cardstock. Then glue this piece onto the dark brown palm tree from step 7. Let dry.
- Using the green colored pencil, draw in the palm leaves on each of the branches.
- Cut a 5-1/2″ x 4″ rectangle on Beige cardstock. Trim the top edge of the 5-1/2″ side slightly wavy. This will be the top of your sand. Glue this piece to the bottom part of your light blue base card.
- Glue the palm tree near the top right of the sandy beige cardstock on the front of your card.
- Cut a 3″ <Title Words><Flamingo> on Blue-Pink Multi cardstock.
- Trim the “Happy Birthday” off of the flamingo. Then glue this to the bottom right of your card at an angle. Be sure to test your placement with the flamingo before gluing.
- Using the foam squares adhere the 5″ flamingo to the left side of the card.
- Draw in a few flying birds behind the flamingo with the navy blue sharpie.
- Using the Star Dust Stickles outline the “Happy Birthday” lettering and let dry.
- Using Aleene’s Tacky Glue make a few wavy lines and shadow spots on the beige cardstock (Use thin layers of glue. If you put it on too thick it will have more of a snow-like appearance.) Sprinkle the glue with sand and gently press in. Tap off any excess. Let dry. Voila! You have a fun one of a kind Birthday Card!
Have lots of fun making this Cricut Flamingo Birthday Card!
For more Crafting Tips and Techniques visit our main website at Just4Crafters.com